Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Miracle Fruit


Just got a miracle fruit tree (Richardella dulcifica syn. Synsepalum dulcificum) from a nursery in Shah Alam. On almost every branch, there are buds. Gonna get my dose of miracle fruits soon.

Now, going to a plant nursery is a dangerous affair for me, for if I have the means, I would've bought a whole bloody load of trees. Thankfully I still have some self-control in me. The drive to the nursery was dreadful. Old road and large number of heavy vehicles plying the road. Will post more pics of the plants when there are berries.

The nursery, which will remain unnamed, has a collection of plants not usually cultivated in home gardens. Things like black pepper, candlenut tree, the assam gelugor and petai. The lack of popularity of such plants is, I believe, due to the space taken up by such trees. Thankfully, the miracle fruit tree is a small to medium size shrubby tree, which is very amenable to pot culture.

Waiting for the miracle to happen ;-p

1 comment:

Turkeyphant said...

Good luck growing your miracle fruit tree. If you can't wait for the fruit, check out http://miracleUK.info/ for a sample.